Reverse Engineering Service
Using a combination of 3D scanning and additional measuring equipment our UK based service can reverse-engineer an accurate computer CAD model of an existing part so that it is either identical to the original or adjusted to your specification.
How it works
- We use our advanced measuring tools to capture detailed shape data on your component. You can bring your item to our Norfolk factory, or we can travel to you. The measuring process can be completely contactless if required.
- Almost anything can be measured and turned into a computer model. Items which we 3D scan can be almost any size as long as we can get clear sight of the required surfaces. Traditionally difficult surfaces such as carbon fibre and mirrors can now be scanned with minimal or no preparation. We are happy to advise you on what is possible.
- We edit the data to make it usable for your chosen design and manufacturing process. For example, we can import your data into CAD software and make a working CAD model.
- The CAD model is used to manage a manufacturing process such as CNC machining or 3D Printing. You can manage this yourself, we can suggest a third-party workshop or we can support you ourselves, using our own on-site CNC facilities.
- If required we can also create 2D machining drawings